Research has shown the blended learning, the combination of face-to-face and online instruction, increases flexibility, individualization and chance of student success. It is a great way to meet the diverse needs of several students at once. Here are 6 models of blended learning that has a unique system for teachers to choose from.
- Face to Face Driver Model: Best when students function at varying levels. More skilled students will be able to move a faster pace so that they would not be bored and be given appropriate challenges.
- Rotation Model: Teachers set schedules for face to face and online meetings. This model is popular in elementary classrooms where math and reading could be divided, so that students can be scheduled face to face meetings with reading and study math via learning stations
- Flex Model: This model is heavily online, where instructors act as facilitators instead of primary delivers. This works best in school settings where students are in work-study programs, have attendance problems or are part time students
- Online Lab Model: There are no certified teachers, but there are supervisors for these classes. This will be most suitable for students who: have other responsibilities; want to progress at a faster rate; want to slow down the pace; and schools with budget constraints
- Self-Blend Model: Students take traditional face to face classes but enroll for separate online courses as supplements. This would be beneficial if: the school didn’t offer the course; students want to gain college credit and take advance placement classes; students are motivated and independent learners
- Online Driver Model: This is completely online and students would be working from their home. There would be opportunities to check in with the teacher as well. This would be suitable for students: with chronic illnesses or disabilities; who have other jobs and obligations; want to progress faster than a traditional school setting
Schools and institutions will be able to refer to these models when planning out their class setup as it has a lot of potential and success. It will save schools a lot of money, and it is appropriately adapting to the way students learn nowadays. For more info, click here.