Faculty, tired of the snow?
Join The Office of Digital Learning & Innovation (DLI) online for an Introduction to VeriCite (i.e. Canvas’s Plagiarism Checker).
When: This Wednesday, February 13th from 12 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Where: Online via Zoom https://washington.zoom.us/j/959063388
VeriCite, Canvas’s plagiarism checker tool, allows faculty to cross-reference student papers against a database of UW assignments, websites, and scholarly articles for originality.
- How to enable VeriCite on Canvas assignments, how to use this tool, and decipher what VeriCite originality percentages mean.
- Overview of the types of files VeriCite is compatible with (PowerPoint, Excel, and Media Files).
- Find out what students see/agree to when you enable the VeriCite on their assignments.
- UWB DLI Resources – https://www.uwb.edu/digital-learning/canvas/canvas-for-faculty/vericite
- UW Libraries – http://www.lib.washington.edu/teaching/plagiarism/vericite
- UW IT Connect – https://itconnect.uw.edu/learn/tools/canvas/canvas-help-for-students/assignments/submit-vericite-assignment/
We hope you can join us,
Your Friendly Digital Learning & Innovation Team (DLI)
Universal Design for Active Learning – A UW Bothell Initiative